Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Showcase / Re: All Aboard
« Last post by forsy on April 17, 2014, 09:22:55 AM »
This will definitely go down in the history books as one of the craziest things ever built :)

Actually flies pretty good too, considering.

You might want to wait to build some more pieces for it. I'm prototyping some things that might make it a little more interesting :)
Showcase / Re: C-Wing Double Fuselage
« Last post by forsy on April 17, 2014, 09:16:07 AM »
Great post. I love that you built it from an actual design and then had to adjust it to make it work with trial and error.

It's a shame that some of these stranger designs don't serve any real purpose. Like you said, there's never been any planes built with the C wing because there just isn't a need for it. I would like to figure out how to build some gameplay in Lift that utilizes some of this type of stuff, even if it doesn't apply in the real world.
Design Challenges / Re: Design Challenge Suggestions
« Last post by forsy on April 17, 2014, 09:02:03 AM »
Yes I would realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly would like to try and build Serenity but not too sure if I have the skills to make it... Only one way to find out  :o

That would definitely be a good candidate for a space ship challenge. You'll probably need a bunch of hidden wings in there to get it to fly, but that would be pretty badass.
Showcase / All Aboard
« Last post by Cosmic Grenade on April 17, 2014, 07:07:27 AM »
I must say that this is one of my fav builds I've done so far just for the fact that :
1 - It brings a smile to my face each time I think of it
2 - It does in-fact fly
3 - It's a TRAIN that can FLY  ;D

How this idea came about - No idea I just had a flash of planes are trains and trains are..... NO surely that wouldn't work.... would it..

What design did I use of the train - No just how I think they look lol

Yes forsy, I will get round to making some carriages for it  ;)

Design Challenges / Re: Design Challenge Suggestions
« Last post by Cosmic Grenade on April 17, 2014, 06:35:24 AM »
I love that poem!!!
It's not a poem but actually the opening lyrics of the TV show theme called The Ballad of Serenity by Sonny Rhodes for that amazing  show called Firefly.

Build a Space Ship from a sci-fi show or movie

Based on your signature, is there something you had in mind that you wanted to build? :)

Yes I would realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly would like to try and build Serenity but not too sure if I have the skills to make it... Only one way to find out  :o
Suggestions / Re: Ideas for Lift
« Last post by Cosmic Grenade on April 17, 2014, 06:27:30 AM »
My Ideas

1 To be able to colour parts

2 To have the option to have the elevator automatically centre

3 To change  wind and Thermal settings

4 A map editor  so you could share maps and create your own challenges

5 the water to actually work like water so you could build aircraft carriers and seaplanes

6 To be able to play the game offline so you could save models and challenges to a database

7 To change the start locations

Now I'm not trying to be inconsiderate towards the game of lift I know that the creators are working very hard and the game is incredible in every way thanks for making such a fantastic sandbox game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn I was going to ask about the water as I want to build a coulple of planes well 1 plane (Bartini VVA-14) the other is classed a Ground effect vehicle transport (Lun-class ekranoplan) which isn't a plane but has a service ceiling of 7,500 m  ???
Showcase / C-Wing Double Fuselage
« Last post by Cosmic Grenade on April 17, 2014, 06:21:38 AM »
While looking at different plane designs I came across the idea of the C-Wing, where it has no rudder on the fuselage but actually on the ends of the wings. The C design would also make aircraft with small wing span, but could have more wing area then a normal wing. No airplane has been build with this design wing as it doesn't give any significant increase in speed or range. Designs do call for a front canad on this type of plane but I found that it didn't make it fly too well but after trying a wing at the back between the 2 fuselage and it's alot better now :)

Where my idea came from -

This one        ^

Cosmic Grenade
Design Challenges / Re: Design Challenge #1
« Last post by forsy on April 16, 2014, 12:32:43 PM »
Design Challenge #1 by Gnome Slice

Design Challenges / Re: Design Challenge #3
« Last post by forsy on April 16, 2014, 11:48:49 AM »
SU-37 Terminator by aeshalo

Design Challenges / Re: Design Challenge #3
« Last post by forsy on April 16, 2014, 11:47:23 AM »
Dornier Do 335 A-1 by Mazrix