Author Topic: Ideas for Lift  (Read 1824 times)

Cosmic Grenade

• View Profile
Ideas for Lift
« on: April 14, 2014, 07:02:54 PM »
My ideas so far :-
To be able to merge smaller wing into larger ones
Hollow tubes
To make fuselage with different width at the ends so like 0.5 at one end and 1.5 at the other
Use the mouse in the editor for moving stuff and angles
To have a movable cam in editor
Have got more ideas but can't think of them at the mo
Cosmic
Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me.

Cosmic Grenade

• View Profile
Re: Ideas for Lift
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 07:46:23 PM »
For the left had box in the editor - a scroll bar and a collapsible tree
More colours :D

forsy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 07:52:11 PM »
My ideas so far :-
To be able to merge smaller wing into larger ones
Hollow tubes
To make fuselage with different width at the ends so like 0.5 at one end and 1.5 at the other
Use the mouse in the editor for moving stuff and angles
To have a movable cam in editor
Have got more ideas but can't think of them at the mo
Cosmic

Thanks Cosmic!

The wings are kind of tricky. There might need to be some kind of fancy way to build custom wings, because the way you guys are currently using wings was unforeseen and I'm not sure they are working 100% properly in some circumstances.

Same kind of thing with the fuselage. I just need to experiment with some ideas and find out what will work the best for more custom shapes.

Editor improvements are in the works and already include your suggestions along with a lot of other changes, so you can look forward to those :)

FreakonFlight

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 09:13:31 PM »
My Ideas

1 To be able to colour parts

2 To have the option to have the elevator automatically centre

3 To change  wind and Thermal settings

4 A map editor  so you could share maps and create your own challenges

5 the water to actually work like water so you could build aircraft carriers and seaplanes

6 To be able to play the game offline so you could save models and challenges to a database

7 To change the start locations

Now I'm not trying to be inconsiderate towards the game of lift I know that the creators are working very hard and the game is incredible in every way thanks for making such a fantastic sandbox game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

forsy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 10:11:51 PM »
My Ideas

5 the water to actually work like water so you could build aircraft carriers and seaplanes

6 To be able to play the game offline so you could save models and challenges to a database

Now I'm not trying to be inconsiderate towards the game of lift I know that the creators are working very hard and the game is incredible in every way thanks for making such a fantastic sandbox game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The map editor and challenge editor are still just ideas on paper at this point, but new builds will always include new places to fly and hopefully new challenges.

#1, 3, 5, 6 and 7 will all be coming in the near future.

#2 is also an option that can be added, but I'm not sure it will work the way you think it will. Since keyboard buttons are not analog, there is no way to keep a steady elevator position. I'm working on adding controller and joystick support which may help, assuming you have access to those devices.

Still a long ways to go, but I'm glad you guys are enjoying the game so far and are enthusiastic about it :)

Cosmic Grenade

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 06:27:30 AM »
My Ideas

Damn I was going to ask about the water as I want to build a coulple of planes well 1 plane (Bartini VVA-14) the other is classed a Ground effect vehicle transport (Lun-class ekranoplan) which isn't a plane but has a service ceiling of 7,500 m  ???